Running Quantum on Quantum @ Nicira's Multi-tenant OpenStack
Nicira runs its Worldwide(WW) Field and Sales Engineering team's customer-facing demo and evaluation infrastructure as well as Engineering DevTest, Build and QA automation infrastructure on an internal private OpenStack Cloud that is built using OpenStack Essex components, OpenStack Quantum and a front-end UI that lets users deploy complex, multi-tier Enterprise application with multiple private networks, with just a click of a button!
In this presentation, we will provide user's with an overview of Nicira OpenStack Cloud, our complex enterprise customer use-cases for an OpenStack Cloud and how we have on-boarded following applications to the cloud:
- A complex training environment for Nicira's Network Virtualization Platform that requires 9 VMs and 4 Private networks, and a topology that requires varying # of nics on each VM.
- A training lab that uses OpenStack, Quantum and Nicira's Network Virtualization Platform to create a complete OpenStack deployment within an OpenStack Tenant!
- Ability to dynamically add/remove users to "projects" based on the user's current assignment.
- Cloud-bursting of our dedicated Software Development build environment to our OpenStack Cloud for on-demand elastic compute capacity.
- Ability create isolated private virtualized networks in our OpenStack cloud using OpenStack Quantum.
We will also go over the $ savings achieved in each of these use-cases by on-boarding our enterprise apps to our OpenStack Cloud.
Product Lead, OpenStack Networking - VMware/Nicira, VMware
Somik Behera is one of the founding members of the OpenStack Quantum (now Neutron) project and was a Founding Core Developer on the Quantum project. Somik currently works for VMware/Nicira, helping accelerate adoption of Network Virtualization in Cloud environments and enable large scale Public and Private Cloud deployments using Open Cloud Technologies and VMware NSX Network Virtualization platform.Prior to Nicira, Somik spent 6 years at VMware... Read More →
Sr. Solutions Architect, Nicira
Jacob is a Sr. Solutions Architect and the primary Cloud Architect @ Nicira responsible for build out of Nicira's internal OpenStack Cloud deployment serving 100+ Nicira members and Nicira's worldwide field and partner teams.
Prior to Nicira, Jacob was a Staff Customer Engineer at VMware for 6 years, where he helped on-board a variety of Business Critical Applications to virtualized environment enabled by VMware. He worked with top tier... Read More →
Attendance numbers do not account for private attendees. Get there early!
Remove this from your schedule?
You may not be able to get back in if this is full.